Sunday, October 24, 2010

I MADE it!

I've discovered and started following some new blogs lately.
MADE has quickly become one of my new favorites.
This is where I was first introduced to the Circle Skirt, made out of one big piece of fabric cut into the shape of a circle, with a hole in the middle. So more like a doughnut.
Of course I had to try it!
Go here for the tutorial on the Circle Skirt. 
Blogger Dana suggests dying the wide elastic for a fun contrast, 
so I had to try that too! 
And as long as I'm dying elastic, how about a coordinating shirt too!
Yea, that's a double thumbs up from my Sidney. 
Thanks Sid, it's fun making things for you!
It's fun to twirl in your new circle skirt! 
I made one for myself too and I'll post about that later.
One of biggest trends lately are silk flowers on t-shirts, headbands and pins. I had to try my hand a making a couple. Martha Stewart has a great template for cutting out flowers. Check it out here

Happy
Fall
Ya'll!

2 comments:

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...