Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dress-Up Girlies

For Christmas is was time to expand our woodworking horizons to our nieces who like to dress-up. My sister-in-law was hoping to find something to house all the tutu's & boa's and I offered to make something for them for Christmas. I was unable to find actual building plans, but my amazing husband figured out, based on a picture, how we could do it. 

After a couple of sleepless nights thinking about all the things I had to craft up BEFORE Christmas, Ben offered to go and get the wood and then just starting putting it together! Isn't it amazing?!
I just added the finishing touches.  I bought wood cutouts at Hobby Lobby and painted them with chalkboard paint, drilled two holes in the top and added twine to attach them to the baskets.
While driving home one day I came up with the perfect finishing touch, a great verse that all little (and big) girls need to know:
Three round mirrors on the opposite side.
Christmas morning:
 Happy dress-up days girlies! Love your Aunt Chessa & Uncle Ben






1 comment:

  1. Very cool that you built it without plans. Check out this site for other do-it-yourself building plans....it's probably right up your alley! It's the same site that my desk came from...
    http://ana-white.com/

    ReplyDelete

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...