Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Gathering Place in the Cottage

 Let me take you on a little tour of my summer cottage. 
We'll start with the Eating Area or the Gathering Place.
 Here is the before 
(note the lovely orange window treatments, ceiling light fixture and pull-out sofa. UGH!)
 I made this table last year. For the details see my post here.
  The bench was found at an antique store at home.
 I painted it white and left it outside for a couple weeks to "weather."
 I even let the kids throw water balloons at it! 
I love the look we got!
The only thing I really wanted that was left in the cottage were these red folding chairs. 
They are perfect for my new table.
 This chandelier came from my dining room at home. It was brass and
 I couldn't wait to get rid of it.  I spray painted it with a white with a matte finish. 
And then it was perfect for the cottage.
 The lamp shades were found at IKEA. 
The cute cottage look completed with a little red ric-rack trim.
This picture on the wall was taken a couple years ago on a family walk to the Dunes. 
It's so fun to finally have it displayed!
We're having a great time creating new memories in the cottage.
 I love to entertain and my table has been great-we've actually gotten up to ten people for dinner!
Thanks for stopping by! 
Be sure to come back next week and I show you around some more!

4 comments:

  1. Love the ric rac on the lamp shades. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the energy that red brings to a room is so great. Love the tie-in of the ric-rac on the shades to the red chairs. Do you know that you can easily cut down the bench a bit to make it lower for the table? I envy you having a beach house. Terry Moore

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet place! I'd love to have a cottage on the lake. We live about 5 miles away from Lake Michigan and it's so nice in the summer. A bit snowy in the winter though.

    Enjoy your getaways and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chandelier! I think it's the exact chandelier I started with. We both had the same colors in mind. If you would like... you can check mine out here: http://flyawayhome-4am.blogspot.com/2011/05/before-and-after.html

    ReplyDelete

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...