Friday, September 30, 2011

Tissue Paper Pumpkin Jars

We had some of the kids friends spend the night last week. 
I knew I had come up with something to keep the chaos under control. 
So I gathered up some supplies I already had at the house.

  • Orange tissue paper cut into 1 1/2" squares
  • Mod Podge
  • Foam brushes
  • Black card stock
  • Clean empty jars (wine bottles, Ball jars, really anything glass!)
I started by painting on a generous amount of the Mod Podge all over a quarter of the container.
A layer over tissue paper squares goes all over the glued areas. It's okay if they overlap.
After we completely cover the whole container we went over the whole thing with another layer of Mod Podge. DO NOT PAINT, but DAB DAB DAB. Otherwise you will rip the tissue paper.
 I pulled out some of my punches for the face of the pumpkin. 
You could also just hand cut out your own designs.
 We placed our cut out face pieces directly on top of the wet layer of Mod Podge.
Here's how they looked all lit up (we used a glow bracelet for the wine bottle! Tyler's idea.)
The kids making the same face their pumpkin jars have.

1 comment:

  1. Totally awesome!! I knew there was a reason we have so many empty wine bottles! Ha! I might do some of these w/ my boys this weekend! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...